These authors extend our deepest level of gratitude to the many NPIP subject matter experts and US poultry and egg industry stakeholders that graciously aided our efforts in this case study. A special note of thanks to the Georgia Poultry Laboratory Network, Indiana Poultry Association, Indiana Board of Animal Health, Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, Purdue University, Iowa Poultry Association, Minnesota Poultry Testing Laboratory, Minnesota Board of Animal Health, University of Minnesota, and the National NPIP Administrative Office. Your provision of time, hospitality, insight, and expertise were greatly appreciated. The insight gained during the 2018 NPIP Biennial Conference, and the series of on-site interviews generously hosted in your respective states and office locations, were a primary source of learning. We would also like to thank the small group of poultry and pork industry stakeholders, diagnostic labs, and state and federal veterinary medical officials that participated in an initial review of the draft version of this case study report on May 7, 2019 at the Iowa Pork Producers Association office in Clive, IA. Their provision of insight, suggestions, and associated dialogue were useful in our efforts to complete this case study. A special word of thanks to Mary Breuer at the Iowa State University College of Veterinary Medicine for her professional contributions in formulating the design of this case study report and in developing the number of figures, customized symbols, and graphics used. Additionally, we would like to acknowledge Harrison Inefuku and Jordan Kraft (Iowa State University) for their respective efforts in assembling the electronic book version and associated video and audio summaries of this report. Finally, we thank the Swine Health Information Center for the provision of funding and support to aid in the completion of this case study.
- Reynolds E. Iowa Poultry Association (Official State Agency of the NPIP for Iowa). Personal interview, August 6, 2018. ↵
- Brennan P, Kopp M, Lenz S, Marsh B. Indiana State Poultry Association (Official State Agency of the NPIP for Indiana), Indiana Board of Animal Health, Indiana Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, and Purdue University, Personal interview, August 21, 2018. ↵
- Gharaiben S, Lauer D, Pollock S, Voss S. Minnesota Poultry Testing Laboratory (Official State Agency of the NPIP for Minnesota), Minnesota Board of Animal Health, and University of Minnesota. Personal interview, August 28, 2018. ↵
- Waltman D. Georgia Poultry Lab Network (Official State Agency of the NPIP for Georgia). Personal interview, September 19, 2018. ↵
- Heard D, Hegngi F, Lindsey C. National Office of the National Poultry Improvement Plan, Conyers, GA. Personal interview, September 20, 2018. ↵
- National Poultry Improvement Plan (NPIP) Biennial Conference. Franklin, TN. June 26–28, 2018. Biennial presentations available at: http://www.poultryimprovement.org/default.cfm. ↵