In this chapter, you will
- MLO 1.1. Identify the policies in the syllabus.
- MLO 1.2 Meet other students to create a sense of community.
- MLO 1.3 Identify concepts related to academic honesty and dishonesty. [CLO 6]
- MLO 1.4 Explain ways to engage in honest behaviors in the course. [CLO 6]
- MLO 1.5 Explain ways to engage in dishonest behaviors in the course and the related consequences. [CLO 6]
- MLO 1.6 Articulate your past perspectives and experiences with honesty in college courses. [CLO 6]
Syllabus: AMD 165 Dress, Appearance, and Diversity in U.S. Society
You can download the syllabus for our class as a Word document by clicking the link below:
In this course, honesty is an important value. Before beginning with the course content, read this short article on the Philosophy of Honesty:
Borghini, A. (2020, February 1). “The Philosophy of Honesty.” ThoughtCo. Retrieved from https://www.thoughtco.com/philosophy-of-honesty-2670612.
Academic Dishonesty at Iowa State University
Iowa State University has policies regarding academic honesty. Review the updated policies on the Academic Conduct website.
Honesty Case Study
Step One: Become familiar with the case study.
- The case study attached below is a Word document and can be downloaded. It includes the task, evaluation, and template for the case study:
Step Two: Submit your complete assignment on Canvas.
- Format your document.
- Remember to check the submission against the rubric.