After completing this chapter, you should be able to…
- identify basic and more complex search strategies and when to use them,
- apply common features of finding tools in order to improve your search results,
- recognize that item records have a specific structure, and that you can use key fields within that structure to strengthen your searching capabilities,
- interpret citations to find the items they describe, and
- use library tools and services to get access to materials not available in local collections.