After completing this chapter, you should be able to …
- identify key reasons for evaluating information sources,
- apply the four moves of SIFT to evaluate sources, both in an academic and personal contexts,
- implement steps to investigate the background, reputation, and biases of a source,
- recognize when and how to learn more about a topic, author, or event by searching for additional sources, and
- understand the structure of a scholarly article and how that can inform your evaluation process.